Tired of the same old chicken noodle soup? Try this Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup, a delicious take on a classic soup! Noodles cook in the pot too!
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure on side bar.
Slow Cooker and Crockpot Soups!
I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite ways to use my slow cooker is for soups. There is something about coming home and having the house smell divine. Or even if you work from home like me, smelling it all day, just ups the anticipation.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup
I found this Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup at Food52. The combination of cumin, coriander and turmeric sounded wonderful. I modified the recipe at bit because I did it in the slow cooker and I prefer to use bone in chicken for slow cooker soups.
This really is such an easy slow cooker recipe. You just put everything in the slow cooker except for the cilantro, pasta and lime juice. Then when it’s almost time to eat, you remove the chicken and shred it and turn the slow cooker to high and add the noodles! It all cooks in one pot!
Serve it in some cute soup bowls topped with the cilantro.
Looking for some more slow cooker soups:
The slow cooker makes the best Beef Pho!
Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken legs
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 14 ounce cans of roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup vermicelli noodles / or angel hair pasta broken in small pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper (remove seeds) and mince
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- Combine all the ingredients except the cilantro, pasta, and the lime juice into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low about 8 hours. Remove the chicken from the soup and let it cool. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bone and shred it back into the soup. Turn the temperature to high and add the broken angle hair pasta and stir in the lime juice. Finish cooking for about 30 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve in bowls topped with the fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
- Serves 6-8