Fragrant fresh peaches and rich whipping cream make a decadent but surprisingly light frozen pop! Post may contain affiliate links.
My CSA gave me four perfectly ripe peaches. I debated just sitting and eating them right that minute, with juice running down my arm. I debated sharing some with hubs, which would mean two for him, two for me…gone much to quickly. I wanted to make them last just a little bit longer. Spread the peachy joy.
I can think of no better way to spread out a few pieces of fruit that freezing them and putting them on a stick. I found Peaches-and-Cream Frozen Pops at Cooking Light and it totally fit the bill. I think I’ve told you before that I get raw milk from a local herd share. So sitting atop my milk is a lovely large layer of cream. I just use a ladle and carefully scoop out the amount of cream that I need. These were everything I had hoped they would be, nice and simple with a pure fresh peach flavor with a hint of cream.
If you’d like to make your own pops, I’d recommend Prepworks from Progressive International PLP-1 Freezer Pop Maker or Ozera Repeated Use Popsicle Molds Ice Pop Molds, Set of 6, Green.
Peaches-and-Cream Frozen Pops
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 peaches peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 minutes or until peaches are very tender, stirring frequently. Place peach mixture and lemon juice in a food processor; process until smooth. Refrigerate 1 hour. Stir in cream.
- Divide peach mixture evenly among 8 (4-ounce) ice-pop molds. Top with lid, and insert a craft stick into center of each mold; freeze 6 hours or until thoroughly frozen.
- (Mine only made 7 and a 1/2).
I am linking this with:
Melt in Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Linky Party @ Lou Lou Girls
In and Out of the Kitchen @ Feeding Big
The Hearth and Soul Hop @ The 21st Century Housewife
Delicious Dish Tuesday @ Full Time Mama
Tasty Tuesdays @ Anyonita Nibbles