Raspberry Vodka Drinks
While contemplating what cocktail recipe to make next, I realized something. I am really good about sharing a recipe for an infusion or liqueur, but I’m not so good about giving you cocktail recipes to use them in!
For example my homemade raspberry vodka. This infused vodka is amazing, taste just like fresh raspberries!
Amazing, fruity and delicious and I hadn’t given you a single recipe to use it!
I’ve decided to right that wrong and start working on some cocktail recipes that use my homemade infused liquors and liqueurs!
With Valentine’s Day coming up (though I think pretty pink cocktails should be drank all year long) a pretty pink cocktail using raspberry vodka sounded like just the thing!
Ingredients to Make a Raspberry Cosmopolitan
- Raspberry Vodka – you can use store bought raspberry vodka, but my homemade only takes about 2 weeks, is a gorgeous pink color and tastes just like fresh raspberries.
- Cranberry Juice – you can use sweetened or unsweetened, depending on how sweet you want your cocktail. We like ours a little tart, so we went with unsweetened.
- Cointreau – or Triple Sec, or homemade orange liqueur.
- Lime Juice – fresh squeezed. We squeeze a few limes at a time and keep fresh squeezed lime juice in the fridge.
- Orange bitters – optional, but we think it adds a nice touch.
How to Make this Fruity Cosmopolitan Recipe
Begin by chilling your martini glasses. You can do this by putting them in the freezer, but a safer way (after breaking a glass in the freezer, I don’t do that method any more) is to fill the glasses with ice while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
Add 1 1/2 ounces of raspberry vodka to a cocktail shaker.
Measure 1/2 ounce of Cointreau and add to shaker.
Add 1 ounce of cranberry juice to cocktail shaker.
Pour in 1/4 ounce of lime juice to shaker.
Add a dash of orange bitters (optional.) Note – a dash is about a 1/8 of teaspoon.
Add ice to cocktail and shake for about 30 seconds to chill and dilute.
Dump ice from chilled martini glass and strain in cocktail. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Oh my goodness! This raspberry cosmo is sooo good! It is absolutely bursting with raspberry flavor! It’s sweet, tart and oh so fruity! Not to mention how pretty it is!!
Be sure and check out all of my vodka cocktails, here are a few favorites!
This Tangy New England Vodka Sour uses grapefruit juice and maple syrup to make an amazing sour!
Who doesn’t love an easy two ingredient cocktail like this Greyhound Cocktail?
Fruity and floral, this Apple Elderflower Martini is another reader favorite!
Another pretty pink cocktail, this Vanilla Raspberry Martini is so yummy!
If you make this I would love it if you would comment and leave a rating!
- 1 1/2 ounces raspberry vodka
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/4 ounce lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1/8 tsp orange bitters optional
- lime wheel for garnish
- Chill martini glasses by filling them with ice.
- Pour raspberry vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice, lime juice and orange bitters into cocktail shaker.
- Fill shaker halfway with ice, put a lid on it and shake for 30 seconds.
- Dump ice from martini glass and strain cocktail into glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.