This Raspberry Green Tea Smoothie is so refreshing and delicious! So easy with antioxidant rice green tea and raspberries, creamy yogurt and hydrating coconut water! No one will guess that this dreamy smoothie is actually good for you!
Raspberry Recipes for Raspberry Season!
Anyone else completely enjoying raspberry season?! It seems like this year is the best one in a long time. Usually I only pick up raspberries from the store for a couple of weeks and then they are gone. But this year, I have been picking them up every time they are on sale, which has been for weeks and weeks!
The first thing I made was a Vanilla Raspberry Martini, which was so good and so pretty! Then I made the gorgeous and so delicious Raspberry Infused Vodka! Finally, with the weather warming up, I wanted a frosty raspberry treat and made Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt.
I couldn’t believe my luck when I saw raspberries on sale again this week! I checked my blog and realized that I’ve never made a raspberry smoothie! What? How can that be?
Well, I’ve righted that wrong!
Ingredients in this Raspberry Smoothie
Let’s talk about the ingredients used to make this smoothie, shall we?
- Raspberries – you can use fresh or frozen.
- Green Tea – I used Cold Brew Green Tea, which is so easy! I just started it the day before I wanted to make the smoothie!
- Yogurt – I used full fat Greek. You can use lower fat, it just won’t be as creamy.
- Vanilla Extract – I used Homemade Vanilla Extract.
- Coconut Water – great for hydrating!
- Honey – I use local honey, but you can use regular store bought.
How to Make a Green Tea Raspberry Smoothie
Put all the ingredients in your favorite blender, I use a Vitamix and process! Seriously, it’s that easy. However, read my tip below about the suggested order for putting ingredients in your blender.
What order to put ingredients in a smoothie?
You want to put your liquid ingredients in first, followed by any powders or dry ingredients. Then leafy greens if you are using any. Next is your fruits and vegetables and finally anything frozen goes on the very top.
For this smoothie, I poured in the tea, coconut water and vanilla extract. Then added the yogurt, honey, and raspberries. Topped all that with the ice and processed until smooth and creamy.
We loved this raspberry smoothie! It was so refreshing and not overly sweet. The herbal notes of the green tea pair so well with the raspberries. The honey provides just the right touch of sweetness and the coconut water is super hydrating!
This would make a great dessert smoothie or have it like we did for a light snack before heading out for an evening of drinking and snacking!
Whenever we are going to a party or event where there is going to be drinking and food, we don’t want to have a heavy dinner, but we know we need something on our stomachs before the drinking begins. Smoothies are perfect for this!
More Smoothie Recipes
If you want even more smoothie recipes, be sure and follow my Smoothie Recipe Board on Pinterest.
Raspberry Green Tea Smoothie
- 1 cup green tea chilled
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup yogurt Greek preferred
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 cup ice
- Place the green tea, vanilla extract, coconut water, and honey in a blender.
- Top with the yogurt, the raspberries, and ice.
- Process until smooth, then pour into serving glasses.