With just a few pantry ingredients, you can whip up this delicious roasted red pepper dip!
This dip uses canned white beans for extra creaminess, no cheese necessary!
If you are looking for the perfect quick and easy dip this is for you! Make with mostly pantry ingredients, you can whip up a batch of this anytime you want to! One of my favorite easy appetizers!
I always keep a jar of roasted red peppers and a can of beans in the pantry just for this recipe. I love how good for you red bell peppers are - Health Benefits of Red Bell Peppers!
This dip is super versatile. I use it with vegetables, as a quick pizza sauce, on bread for bruschetta topped with some grated cheese, drizzle it over rice bowls - the possibilities are endless.
I found this recipe in an old cooking light magazine and I modified it slightly to use some lemon juice, which brightens the flavor a bit.
- Basil - fresh. Can also use mint or parsley.
- Cannellini Beans - canned.
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper - from a jar is fine.
- Lemon juice - fresh squeezed (optional.)
- Balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
Step by Step Instructions.
Rinse and drain the roasted bell peppers and the beans. Coarsely chop the basil.
Place the basil, vinegar, beans, peppers, lemon juice and garlic in the food processor. Process until smooth.
With the processor running, slowly pour in the oil through the top tube.
Stir in the salt and pepper and taste and adjust seasonings.
As I said before this easy bell pepper dip is so good! While I'm not a vegan, I do love that this dip is. I also love that it gets it's creaminess from good for you beans!
More easy appetizers.
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Combine basil, lemon juice, beans, peppers and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- With motor running, slowly add the olive oil until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper and taste. Adjust seasonings if needed.