You can call this Roasted Cod or Baked Cod, but whatever you call it, make sure you call it dinner tonight! This Roasted Cod with Asparagus and Jalapeño Dressing can be on the table in under 30 minutes!
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure in sidebar.
Roasted Cod vs. Baked Cod
In trying to decide if I should call this roasted cod or baked cod, after some googling, I settled on Roasted Cod. Baked Cod, to me at least, suggests a cod baked in something. This cod is simply placed on a baking sheet, brushed with olive oil and salt and pepper and roasted at a fairly high heat. I call that roasting, don’t you?
Jalapeño Dressing vs. Avocado Puree
This recipe came from Donna Hay magazine, Oct-Nov 2013. It was called Snapper with Avocado Puree and Jalapeño Dressing. I couldn’t call it that because instead of snapper, I used cod. When deciding what I thought really made the recipe pop, I thought the asparagus and the jalapeno dressing made more sense in the title than the avocado puree.
While the avocado puree was great, it was the jalapeño dressing that will be the takeaway for me. Olive oil, lime juice and pickled jalapeños make an amazingly easy and flavorful dressing. I can imagine this spooned over all kinds of things from simple grilled chicken, to tacos, to rice and grain dishes.
I also changed the recipe from sauteing to roasting. Both the asparagus and cod roast the same amount of time, making this so easy. I used two baking sheets because I wanted plenty of room around the cod and aspargus.
This recipe is a prime example that you don’t need a lot of ingredients or anything fancy to make a delicious dinner. We loved it!
Roasted Cod with Asparagus and Jalapeño Dressing
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño slices finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for brushing on fish and asparagus
- 4 cod filets
- 1 pound asparagus (or one bunch) trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place the avocado, 1 tablespoons of the lime juice, and salt and pepper into the bowl of small food processor. Process until smooth and set aside.
- Place the rest of the lime juice, the jalapeño, and 1 tablespoon of oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Lightly brush olive oil on two baking sheets. One one sheet, drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and salt and pepper, toss to combine and spread in a single layer. On the other sheet place the cod filets. Brush with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place both in the oven and roast for 12 minutes.
- Divide the asparagus and fish between 4 plates. Drizzle with the jalapeño dressing and serve with the avocado puree.
Looking for more asparagus recipes:
This week I am linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday |
Lou Lou Girls |
| The Scoop
The Hearth and Soul |
The SITS Girls |
Full Plate Thursday |
Thursday Favorite Things |
Friday Favorites |
Country Cook Weekend Potluck