This Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Chive Pesto is so good! Fingerling potatoes are roasted until nice and crispy, then they are given a quick toss in chive pesto. The recipe makes plenty of chive pesto, you’ll find so many ways to use it!
One of the drawbacks of being a food blogger is needing to always have new fresh content, which means that you don’t go back and revisit recipes very often.
Like this recipe for roasted fingerling potatoes with chive pesto. I made it in June 2011. I raved about it. It was fantastic. I planned on eating it every week.
And then, 8 years went by. I made and raved about other potato recipes, like Sheet Pan Scalloped Potatoes and Scalloped Potatoes with Gruyere and Skillet Fried Potatoes and Smoked Gouda Scalloped Potatoes.
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Then I got super organized and put all my recipes in a spreadsheet and there it was. The roasted fingerling potato recipe that I had loved so much.
I made a little summer resolution to myself to try and use my herbs more in cooking and both of these recipes were perfect!
How to Make Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Chive Pesto
Let’s talk about how easy it is to make these roasted fingerling potatoes and the amazing chive pesto!
How to make roasted fingerling potatoes – preheat the oven and wash and scrub the potatoes. If they are varying sizes, cut the larger ones in half or quarters so that they are all roughly the same size. Place them on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 25-30 minutes.
How to make chive pesto – while the potatoes are roasting, make the chive pesto. In the bowl of a food processor combine roughly chopped chives and parsley, nuts (can use almonds, walnuts or pine nuts,) and one clove of garlic. Pulse until finely chopped. Then leaving the food processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil. When combined completely, scrape the pesto out into a bowl and add lemon juice and water.
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Chive Pesto – Remove the potatoes from the oven, place in a bowl and drizzle with half of the pesto. Serve with the remaining pesto.
What I take away from this is two things…one…chive pesto is fantastic. This recipe makes plenty and I used some of the leftover on a grilled cheese sandwich. So good.
Second..why have I never thought of roasting potatoes and then quickly tossing them in something flavorful? This will be a new technique for me that I plan on doing all sorts of things with!
I found this recipe in a 2011 Bon Appetite magazine.
Looking for More Easy Roasted Vegetable Recipes?
Find even more delicious side dish recipes on my Side Dish Recipe Board on Pinterest.
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Chive Pesto
- 1 3/4 pound fingerling potatoes washed, scrubbed and cut into equal sizes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh chives chopped, packed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped, packed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Roasting the Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place fingerling potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes.
Make the Chive Pesto
- While the potatoes are roasting, place the chives, parsley, pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- With the processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil.
- Scoop out and place in a large bowl and add the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water and stir.
- Leave half of the pesto in the bowl and put the other half in a small bowl.
Potatoes and Chive Pesto
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and add them to the large bowl of pesto and toss to combine.
- Serve with the additional pesto.
Update notes – this recipe was originally published in 2011 and has been updated for 2019.