These Roasted Sweet Mini Peppers are so delicious! Roasted in the oven for a lovely char and then tossed in a simple vinaigrette. They are perfect for a side dish, snacking, a charcuterie board or on salads or sandwiches!
What Are Sweet Mini Peppers?
Lately my store has been having the bags of sweet mini peppers on sale. I buy them because they are just so darn cute. Then I discovered that they are crazy delicious.
Mini peppers are just smaller versions of bell peppers. As a bonus, they are sweeter and have less seeds. You still want to remove the seeds like you would from a regular bell pepper, but they are usually just right at the stem, so it's really easy to just remove the stem and take all of the seeds with it.
I've had this recipe for roasted peppers on my blog since 2008! When my store put the mini peppers on sale again, I decided to try them with this recipe! So good!
Ingredients for Making this Mini Pepper Recipe:
- Thyme - fresh if possible otherwise substitute 1/2 to 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme.
- Olive oil - you want to use a flavorful extra virgin olive oil here, since the vinaigrette brings so much to the table.
- Red Wine Vinegar - get a good brand, since the vinaigrette is front and center.
- Mini Peppers - can use regular bell peppers if you can't find min.
- Salt and Pepper - to taste.
How to Make Roasted Peppers
Preheat the oven to 450.
Wash the peppers, cut them in half and remove the stem with the seeds. Place in a bowl and toss with some salt and pepper.
Spread the peppers out on a rimmed baking sheet. They should make one layer.
Roast in the hot oven for 15 minutes. They should be charred in some places. If your oven heats unevenly, rotate the baking sheet half way through. You can see that the back of my oven gets a lot hotter than the front, but I am okay with some of them being more charred than others.
Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar and thyme in a small bowl. Pour over the peppers and toss to combine.
These Roasted Mini Peppers are So Good!
If like me, you have always thought of bell peppers as an ingredient, something to be use in a recipe, well get ready to change your mind.
These peppers were amazing! Sweet and tangy and ready in under 30 minutes. I served them as a side dish with a simple fish recipe. They were perfect.
So, don't hesitate to use them as a side dish, however you can use them as a crazy delicious ingredient - they would be great with pasta, on a sandwich or pizza, and would be the highlight of a charcuterie board!
More Roasted Vegetable Side Dishes:
This Roasted Vegetable Salad is another great side dish using roasted vegetables.
Fingerling Potatoes topped with a chive pesto are amazing!
If you like it a little sweet and spicy, try these Squash with Harissa.
Carrots roast up so sweet, even kids love them!
Follow my Side Dish Recipes Board on Pinterest for even more recipes!
Roasted Mini Peppers with Vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Wash the mini peppers and cut them half. Remove the stem and seeds.
- Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- While the peppers are roasting, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, thyme and salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- When the peppers are done, add them to the bowl and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve warm or room temperature.
The recipe was originally published in 2008 and has been updated for 2019.