Salmon, green beans and tomatoes roast together in one pan for an easy and delicious dinner!
When I first saw this tray baked salmon recipe from Jamie Oliver, I knew I had to give it a try!
Green beans, cherry tomatoes, black olives and salmon all roast together in one pan to give you a quick and easy dinner.
The intriguing part was the anchovies. I love anchovies and I know the flavor that they can give to so many things. I love that they break down in sauces, giving you that savory salty that you would never guess is anchovies.
They do the same thing in this one pan salmon recipe! They cook down adding their delightful saltiness and unami flavor to the veggies!
- Green beans and cherry tomatoes.
- Kalamata olives.
- Salmon - I try to buy wild Alaskan caught salmon.
- Anchovies - I use jarred.
- Lemons and fresh basil.
Step by step instructions.
Preheat oven to 475.
Wash and trim the tips of the green beans.
Since the salmon has such a short roasting time, we begin by blanching the green beans. Just drop them in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes.
Remove them from the water and drain them. Add the to a bowl with the cherry tomatoes and the olives. Toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Pat the salmon filets dry. Squeeze the juice from ½ a lemon over the filets on both sides and the season with salt and pepper.
Place them on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
Place the green bean, cherry tomatoes and black olives mixture on the other half of the baking sheet.
Toss the fresh basil in with the green bean mixture. Lay the anchovies over the top of the vegetables.
Roast for 10 minutes and serve with lemon quarters.
This sheet pan salmon dinner is a favorite at our house! You can see that the anchovies practically dissolve.
Served with lemon slices, this is light and flavorful!
You could also serve the salmon with some homemade mayonnaise or aioli.
One pan salmon recipes are always on the menu, check out these: Five Spice Glazed Salmon, One Pan Roasted Salmon with Potatoes and Mushrooms, and Salmon Roasted with Cabbage and Kale.
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Salmon with Green Beans, Cherry Tomatoes and Olives
- 7 oz green beans trimmed
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 salmon filets around 8 oz size
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 12 anchovy filets
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Blanch green beans in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 minutes and then drain.
- In a bowl toss green beans, cherry tomatoes, and black olives with the olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on half of a sheet pan.
- Squeeze ½ a lemon over both sides of the salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Lay the anchovies over the green bean mixture.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the rest of the lemons, quartered.