Easy Salmon Dinner
We try to eat salmon a few times a month, so I am always looking for easy salmon dinner recipes. If it's a healthy salmon recipe that's even better. If it's an easy, healthy, salmon recipe that cooks up all one sheet pan, than ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!
This checks off all the boxes for my weeknight recipes. Quick, easy, one pan and oh so delicious!
This recipe was inspired by Martha Stewarts baked salmon recipe in her One Pot Cookbook. I would have never thought to roast cabbage and kale together, but it's so good!
Ingredients to make Roasted Salmon with Cabbage and Kale
- Salmon - I try to get wild caught, I love it's gorgeous color.
- Dijon Mustard.
- Dill - yes, I had to buy one of those little packets. My dill did not like our very hot and very dry summer!
- Olive oil.
- Lemon - you'll need the zest and the juice, so try to find organic if you can.
- Kale - Martha uses Tuscan kale, I use whatever I can find.
- Cabbage - I've used savoy cabbage, green cabbage and purple cabbage. All work.
How to Make this Healthy Salmon Dinner
Preheat the oven. While the oven is preheating, prep your cabbage and kale. Wash and spin dry. Thinly slice the cabbage and kale and place on a baking sheet. Toss with two tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for about 6 minutes.
While the cabbage and kale is roasting, prepare the lemon dill vinaigrette by combining the lemon zest and juice, rest of the olive oil, the dill, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Whisk together and season with salt and pepper.
After 6 minutes, take the sheet pan out of the oven. Nestle the salmon in the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve with the lemony dill vinaigrette drizzled over the top!
The Best Sheet Pan Salmon!
This is so good and so easy! It answers the question of what to serve with baked salmon - cabbage and kale! I rounded out the dinner with some baked sweet potato fries. They roasted in a second sheet pan. So easy!
Other Healthy Salmon Dinners:
This Roasted Salmon with Citrus Vinaigrette is another easy sheet pan salmon dinner!
Seared Salmon is served with coconut spinach for one of the most popular recipes on my website!
How about a Salmon Brown Rice Bowl - so easy and so delicious!
Another one pan Salmon Recipe this one in a cast iron skillet!
For even more, follow my Salmon Recipes Board on Pinterest!
Salmon Roasted with Cabbage and Kale
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale tough stems removed, leaves thinly sliced (about 5 cups) - I just used regular
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage cored and thinly sliced (4 cups) - I used purple cabbage
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 4 salmon filets skinless
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 450. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the cabbage and kale with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread out (don't worry if it looks like a lot - it will shrink as it bakes). Roast for about 6 minutes.
- Stir the cabbage and kale, season the salmon with salt and pepper and nestle it among the greens. Roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is roasting, whisk together the rest of the olive oil, the lemon zest and juice, the dill and dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve place the greens and salmon on a plate and drizzle with the dill dressing.