This salmon salad with white beans is so easy to make, it's the perfect quick, light dinner!
Salmon, white beans, olives and roasted red bell peppers are tossed in a flavorful vinaigrette for this easy main dish salad.
I have been making this salad for years and only finally got around to posting it!
It is my go to salad when I want us to eat a healthy dinner that also tastes amazing. Everything in this salad is good for you, from the salmon to the white beans to the roasted red bell peppers.
I found this article on How Healthy White Beans are, so interesting, I thought you might too! They are packed with fiber and protein!
This original recipe came from Epicurious and it included grilling the salmon and the red bell peppers. I usually use leftover cooked salmon (roast some extra when you make Tray Baked Salmon and Green Beans) and I use those big jars of roasted red bell peppers from Costco. Making it a much easier and quicker dinner.
- Cooked salmon - 3-4 fillets. (I give instructions for a quick way to cook salmon in the notes of the recipe card, in case you don't have any cooked salmon.)
- Olive oil and lemon juice.
- Roasted red bell peppers.
- Canned white beans.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Black olives - I like kalamata.
- Salad greens.
- Fresh basil and parsley.
Step by step instructions.
If you don't have any cooked salmon, you can do a quick pan sauté or roast in the oven (details in the notes section of the recipe card.)
Chop up the salmon and add it to a large bowl. Drain and rinse the beans and add them to the bowl. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice and olive oil. Toss and let it sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Chop the roasted red bell peppers, cut the tomatoes and olives in half and chop the basil and parsley.
Add the peppers, tomatoes, olives and herbs to the salmon mixture. Toss and taste, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the salmon mixture on top of the salad greens.
This is your answer to what's for dinner! Even if you have to cook the salmon, you can still have dinner on the table in about 20-25 minutes. I haven't tried this with canned salmon, but I don't see why it wouldn't work!
This is easy, healthy, light and yet filling! Serve with some bread and a glass of wine and you have an elegant little dinner!
Looking for more salmon recipes:
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Salmon Salad with White Beans
- ½ pound cooked salmon see notes if you don't have cooked salmon
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups white beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ½ cups roasted red bell peppers chopped
- 10 kalamata olives halved
- ¼ cup basil leaves minced
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- 4 cups salad greens
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the salmon, beans, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss to combine. *See notes if you need to cook the salmon.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes and olives in half. Chop the parsley and basil. Chop the red bell peppers.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, herbs and bell peppers into the bowl with the salmon. Toss and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad greens among four plates and top evenly with the salmon mixture.