Roasted salmon served with creamy baby new potatoes, corn and all topped with an amazing basil vinaigrette! All your favorite flavors in one easy recipe. So delicious!
Roasted, Baked or Broiled Salmon
While we love salmon cooked every which way, one of my favorite ways is to simply broil it in the oven in a pan. It's so easy.
You can cook salmon in the oven, in a couple of ways. You can slow roast it a lower heat or you can roast it for a few minutes at regular heat or you can even broil it.
I've tried all the ways and they all work. I use broiling if I have a topping that I want to brown or glaze or I want to cook it quickly, I use a slow roasting if I have time and really want it to stay extra moist and I use a medium time and temp when I'm roasting other things with the salmon.
How to Make Roast Salmon with New Potatoes and Corn
I found this recipe originally at BBC Good Food, back in 2013! The original recipe called for grilling the salmon, but boiling the potatoes and the corn. I didn't want to heat up the grill for just salmon, so I roasted it in the oven instead. So easy.
Begin by making the delicious basil vinaigrette! It's a classic vinaigrette with red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and a shallot. To that you add capers and basil to give it loads of flavor and a tangy bite!
Preheat the oven for broiling or roasting the salmon. Heat a pot of water to a boil and cook the potatoes and the corn, drain, salt and pepper them, and let them cool a little.
Brush the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a foil lined tray about 4-6 inches from the heat and broil for about 6 minutes. If you are roasting the salmon, roast on a foil lined tray for 8-10 minutes.
Serve the veggies and the salmon with the delicious basil vinaigrette!
Looking for More Delicious Salmon Recipes
You'll find even more tempting salmon recipes on my Salmon Recipes Board on Pinterest.
Salmon with New Potatoes, Corn and a Basil Vinaigrette
- 3/4 pound baby new potatoes
- 2 ears corn
- 4 salmon filets
- In a small bowl whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, shallot, capers and basil leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Salmon and Vegetables
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil, add a generous sprinkling of salt. Add potatoes and boil for 5 minutes, then add the corn and continue boiling for 5 more minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and the corn, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and let them cool a little.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the salmon on the baking sheet and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil about 4-6 inches from the heat for about 6 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes and place on a serving plate. Remove the corn from the cob and add on top of the potatoes. Place the salmon on top of the vegetables and drizzle with the basil vinaigrette.
This post was originally published in 2013 and has been updated for 2019.