This spicy bean and quinoa salad with "mole" vinaigrette is so unusual and delicious. No one can guess what the dressing is made from! Post may contain affiliate links.
I am not a vegetarian. There is nothing I like better than a perfectly cooked ribeye. However, like many of you, I do try to limit my intake of meat. So, an occasional meatless meal works it's way onto my weekly menu. Let me just say that if all of my endeavors into meatless eating ended like this one, I might give the whole vegetarian thing a little more thought.
This was wonderful. It was super easy and the "Mole" vinaigrette gave it such a wonderful flavor. You couldn't quite tell what the flavor was, you just knew that it was good. I found this recipe at Cooking Light - Spicy Bean and Quinoa Salad with "Mole Vinaigrette.
Spicy Bean and Quinoa Salad with “Mole” Vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked quinoa at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkinseed kernels pepitas, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 Fresno chile or jalapeño pepper very thinly sliced
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl slowly add oil, whisking as you pour.
- Combine quinoa and next 6 ingredients (through beans) in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Add spinach; toss to combine.