Whether it's for Movie Night or an after school snack, popcorn makes a great snack. This Honey Sriracha Popcorn may be a little too spicy for an after school snack, but adults are sure to love it's sweet and spicy flavor!
Post contains affiliate links, full disclosure on sidebar.
Favorite Snack? Popcorn!
If you had to choose a favorite snack, what would you choose? Nuts? Fruit? Cookies? Chips and salsa? The options for snacking are endless. My hands down favorite? Popcorn. I could live on popcorn. I could eat it every single day and never grow tired of it. I love it fresh, hot, buttered, air popped, oil popped, salted, stale, every which way. When my husband goes out of town, I usually have it for dinner!
I found this in Infuse: Oil, Spirit, Water by Eric Prum & Josh Williams. I immediately marked this Sriracha Honey Popcorn to try. I'm not sure what you're really infusing here - unless it's the butter with sriracha and honey, but I'm so glad they included it!
Honey Sriracha Popcorn
I tweaked the recipe just a little. It called for 4 tablespoons of butter with ¼ cup of popcorn kernels, my usual formula is 2 tablespoons of butter to ½ cup of popcorn kernels. I also upped the Sriracha sauce a bit from 1 teaspoon to 2 because we like things a little spicy around here. So, less butter, more heat for us!
Sriracha Honey Popcorn
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of Sriracha hot sauce
- ½ up of popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- sea salt
- Place the honey and butter in an 8 oz mason jar. Microwave uncovered for 30 seconds (mine took 45 seconds). Add the Sriracha and stir.
- Heat the canola oil over medium high heat in a heavy saucepan with a couple of the kernels. As soon as the kernels pop, add the rest of the kernels, cover and shake the pot. When the popping slows, turn off the heat, and uncover when the popcorn completely stops.
- Place the popcorn in a bowl and drizzle over the butter mixture, toss to combine and sprinkle with sea salt.
Another favorite popcorn recipe:
This week I am linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday |
Lou Lou Girls |
| The Scoop
The Hearth and Soul |
The SITS Girls |
Full Plate Thursday |
Thursday Favorite Things |
Friday Favorites |
Country Cook Weekend Potluck