This Strawberry Amaretto Frozen Yogurt is the best frozen yogurt! It is rich and creamy and full of luscious strawberries! The Amaretto adds a subtle almond flavor and keeps the yogurt from freezing too solid. A luxurious frozen yogurt, sure to become a favorite!
Boozy Frozen Desserts
I've mentioned before my love of desserts. I just have to have a little something to finish off a meal. It doesn't have to be anything major, but I miss it when I don't have dessert.
While I'll never turn down a piece of cake, there is something so perfect about frozen yogurt for dessert. Being a firm believer in probiotics, I try to eat yogurt every day.
This strawberry amaretto frozen yogurt was everything I hoped it would be. It's full of strawberry flavor and the amaretto really kicks it up a notch. Though you could always leave out the amaretto if you want to, though I am a fan of boozy frozen desserts - Boozy Bourbon Pops, anyone? Or how about this roundup of 15 Boozy Popsicles.
Because booze and frozen desserts are one of the best things about warm weather!
Ingredients in this Strawberry Amaretto Frozen Yogurt
There are only 4 ingredients in this frozen yogurt!
- Strawberries - you can use fresh or frozen strawberries.
- Plain Yogurt - can use low fat, but full fat makes for a creamier frozen yogurt.
- Amaretto - this is an almond liqueur. It adds a subtle almond flavor and keeps the frozen yogurt from freezing too hard.
How to Make Frozen Yogurt
- Gather your ingredients - strawberries (roughly chopped), yogurt, sugar and Amaretto.
- Place strawberries and sugar in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add yogurt and Amaretto to strawberries and pulse a few times to combine.
- Pour into a bowl (I like to use a batter bowl) and chill for about an hour.
- Pour into your favorite ice cream maker (I love my Cuisinart!)
- Follow the instructions for your ice cream maker, I usually let mine run for about 30 minutes. When finished store in a lidded container in the freezer.
The Best Strawberry Frozen Yogurt!;
This quite possibly has become my most favorite frozen yogurt. The amaretto really elevates it. It keeps it creamy and the almond flavor totally enhances the strawberries. I have made this with fresh strawberries and frozen strawberries, so even if it's not strawberry season, you can make this!
It would make a great dessert for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July! Well, anytime you want a creamy, bursting with strawberry flavored frozen treat!
Looking for More Frozen Yogurt Desserts
Strawberry Amaretto Frozen Yogurt
- 3 cups Strawberries coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- Add strawberries and sugar to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add yogurt and Amaretto to food processor and give it a quick pulse, just to combine.
- Pour strawberry mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Pour strawberry mixture into ice cream maker and process according to instructions.
- Store in a lidded container in the refrigerator.
This post was originally published in 2012 and has been updated for 2019.