With mangoes, cantaloupe and strawberries this is the best fruit salsa! So delicious and bursting with fruity flavors! Goes great on tacos, grilled meats and fish, or to top salads!
Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
I made a resolution this year to eat more fruits and vegetables. Even though many diets disagree on what to eat and what not to eat, you can’t argue with trying to increase your amount of fruits and vegetables. Study after study shows how they help your immune system, prevent cancer and basically help you live longer.
Vegetables are pretty easy to work in, fruit has been a little trickier. So, when I saw this three fruit salsa from Cooking Light, it sounded like the perfect way to get in lots of fruits!
Ingredients Needed for this Salsa
- Cantaloupe – can also use honeydew melon.
- Green Bell Pepper – red would also work.
- Red Onion – I used my Quick Pickled Onions.
- Jalapeño Pepper.
- Fresh Mint.
- Fresh Basil.
- Lime Juice.
Easy Fruit Salsa
This easy salsa recipe is so good! You will find so many uses for it! I served it over roasted pork tenderloin, it would also be great with grilled meats, poultry or seafood. We had a little left over and I stirred it into some leftover grains for a quick grain salad! So delicious!
Serve this fruit salsa with:
Chicken Cutlets – instead of the strawberry salsa use this 3 fruit salsa.
Grilled Salmon – instead of the tomato caper vinaigrette, top with this fruit salsa!
Three Fruit Salsa
- 1 cup cantaloupe peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup mango peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablesppons mint chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
Note – this post was originally published in 2018 and has been updated for 2019.