Tilapia with New Potatoes, Peas and Pesto Mayo is an easy and delicious one pan meal! Post may contain affiliate links.
Tilapia with New Potatoes, Peas and Pesto Mayonnaise
One pan meal. Some of the nicest words ever. I've been doing dishes since I was 8 years old. As an only child, there was no one else to work in the rotation - so it was me. Every night. Every single night. I would gaze out the kitchen window, watching it grow dark, wishing I was outside playing with my friends. So, me and dishes, we go way back.
Even though my husband does the dishes after dinner now, I still try to get most of the cleaned up, so that all is left are our plates and whatever pots and pans. So, when I find a cookbook called, One Pan, Two Plates: More Than 70 Complete Weeknight Meals for Two - I sit up and take notice. I can not begin to say enough things about this cookbook. One of my favorite meals ever came from it: Thyme-Rubbed Salmon with Cauliflower "Risotto" and with this new recipe for Roasted Tilapia with New Potatoes, Peas and Pesto Mayonnaise - it again comes through!
This was so easy and so good! You take a little extra time at the beginning to make sure the potatoes get nice and browned on the stove top and then finish everything off in the oven. The recipe calls for making your own pesto, which I'm sure would have been wonderful, but I made it even easier by using a jar of store bought.
If you bought a big package of Tilapia (hello Costco!) you might want to try this Easy Tilapia Recipe!
Tilapia with New Potatoes, Peas and Pesto Mayo
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound new potatoes scrubbed and cut into wedges (about 6-8 per potato)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh basil minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 6- oz tilapia filets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a 12-inch ovenproof dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast the pine nuts until golden. Remove to plate to cool.
- Heat the olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potato wedges, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Let them get nice and browned on one side for about 3 minutes, then using a spatula flip them over, keeping the nice browned bits with them. Brown for about 2 more minutes on this side. Sprinkle on the garlic and place in the oven. Roast for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together the mayo, lemon juice, basil and Parmesan cheese. Add pepper if you would like.
- Pat the fish filets dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the pesto mayo on the top of each fish, reserving 2-3 tablespoons. Remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle on the peas and top with fish. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Divide the fish, potatoes and peas between two plates. Top with the pine nuts and serve with the reserved pesto mayo for dipping.