This Oven Fries Recipe is going to become your go to baked fries! Potatoes roast up crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside. Finished off with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and parsley, they are so yummy!
Tyler’s Ultimate Oven Fries
I first made this recipe back in 2009, when a few of us food bloggers would choose a chef and cook from their recipes for a couple of months. We also had something called Tyler Florence Fridays.
So, I have a lot of very old Tyler Florence recipes on my blog. I am working my way through them, making the recipe again, and updating the posts.
I originally found this recipe in Tyler’s Ultimate Cookbook, which turned out to be one of my favorites, even though I really loved them all.
Speaking of loving, you’re going to love these fries! Seriously the best oven baked fries!
Ingredients for this Baked Fries Recipe
- Parsley – I usually use fresh flat leaf parsley, but this time the store only had curly. Either one will work.
- Parmesan Cheese – fresh grated, don’t buy that green can. Though I do sometimes buy those containers of it already grated, but buying a big chunk of it gets you so much more and you get that amazing Parmesan rind. Save your rind (I keep mine in a ziplock bag in the freezer) and use it in soups, like this Minestrone.
- Salt – I use Diamond Krystal Kosher Salt.
- Olive Oil.
- Potatoes – Tyler recommends russet and that’s what I use. Their high starch content and long shape makes them perfect for fries.
How to Make Parmesan Fries
Begin by preheating the oven to 425. You want a nice high heat to crisp up the potatoes.
Scrub the potatoes, removing any eyes. You can peel if you’d like. Cut lengthwise into wedges. You want about 8 wedges per potato.
Place potatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil and salt.
I almost always line my baking sheets with parchment paper. Fries always seem to stick no matter how much I oil the sheet.
Either line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, while they are still warm.
Sprinkle with parsley.
I know I say it every time, but these were so good! These are the best baked home fries! They come out golden and crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.
The Parmesan melts a little, but still keeps its texture and the parsley adds a fresh pop of flavor.
Really, this is the only home fries recipe that you need!
Ultimate Oven Fries
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and the salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the potatoes in a single layer.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and then the parsley.
This post was originally published in 2009 and has been updated for 2019.