Chicken and Sweet Potato Farro Salad
Roasted sweet potatoes, crisp pears, and rotisserie chicken make this Chicken and Sweet Potato Farro Salad healthy and delicious!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- shredded chicken breast meat from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and diced (1/2 inch dice)
- 1 pear , diced
- 3 cups cooked farro (or your grain of choice)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds , toasted
- 2 tablespoons diced chives
Sweet Chile Sauce Dressing
- 1/2 cup sweet chile sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375. Place the diced sweet potatoes on a baking sheet a drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast for about 25-30 minutes.
While potatoes are roasting, combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small jar with a lid.
When potatoes are done, remove them from the oven.
Divide the cooked grains evenly between the bowls. Divide the chicken, pears and sweet potatoes even between the bowls. Drizzle with the dressing (you'll have some left over). Sprinkle the almonds over the top and garnish with the chopped chives.
Calories: 536kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2953mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 187% | Vitamin C: 11% | Calcium: 7.2% | Iron: 21.7%