Crisp pickled cauliflower makes a perfect addition to a snack tray!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole fennel seeds I omitted
- 7 cups cauliflower divided into small florets
- 1 cup bell peppers or mixed sweet and hot red peppers
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
Process 4 pint mason jars and lids per canning instructions (from a canning book). Put 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon each of coriander and fennel in to each of the 4 pint jars. Toss the cauliflower and the peppers together and pack them tightly into the jars.
In a nonreactive pan, bring the vinegar, water, and salt to a boil. Pour the liquid over the cauliflower, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Close the jars with two piece lids and process the jars for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath (again use a canning book for complete instructions).
Store the jars in a cool, dry, dark place for at least 3 weeks before eating. After opening store in the refrigerator.
Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 1781mg | Potassium: 361mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 585IU | Vitamin C: 69.4mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1.1mg