Red Quinoa, Kale and Haloumi Salad
You won't even miss the meat in this Red Quinoa, Kale and Haloumi Salad. P
- 1/3 pound kale one small bunch, tough stems removed and torn into bite size pieces
- 2 1/2 cups cooked red quinoa I used both
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 pound haloumi thinly sliced
- olive oil for brushing
Smoky Lemon Dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Place the kale in a heat proof bowl. Pour over boiling water and allow the kale to stand for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry (or spin in a salad spinner). Toss the kale with the quinoa and parsley.
Make the smoky lemon dressing by combining the lemon juice, paprika and olive oil in a jar and shake to combine. Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Brush the haloumi with a little olive oil and cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden. Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with the browned haloumi.
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Sodium: 1387mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4410IU | Vitamin C: 58.2mg | Calcium: 1221mg | Iron: 2.7mg