You are going to love having jars of this hummus in the freezer. Perfect for lunch or snaking!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 14 servings
- 7 cups cooked chickpeas either store-bought canned or a cooked one pound bag (reserve cooking liquid)
- 10 to 15 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2/3 cups lemon juice from 3-4 lemons
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped, packed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Combine the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, salt, cumin, cayenne, parsley, and olive oil in the food processor. Blend until smooth and uniform. If the hummus too thick, add 1 to 2 tablesppons cooking water or can liquid from the chickpeas and blend again. Taste, and add additional garlic if needed.
Storage: fridge – covered container, 4 days; freezer – 6 months (thaw in fridge)?
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.6mg