Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Burrito Bowls
This Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Burrito Bowls is pure comfort food!
- 8 chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 28 oz tomatoes canned
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth divided
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 30 oz black beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- fresh cilantro
Place chicken, tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, 1 cup of the chicken broth, the chile powder, salt and cumin in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Remove the lid and add the rice, beans, corn and the second cup of chicken broth. Cover and cook for another 3-4 hours. (Mine needed 4 hours for the rice to become tender).
Using forks shred the chicken (it will practically shred itself) and serve with the accompaniments of your choice.
When you add the rice, check to see that there is still some liquid to cook the rice. If it looks too dry, you can add a little more chicken broth.
- Chicken Thighs - boneless and skinless. Can use breasts.
- Canned Tomatoes - don't drain.
- Jalapeño Pepper - recipe calls for one, you can adjust depending on how spicy you want it.
- Brown Rice - can use white rice.
- Corn - Frozen is fine, thaw first.
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, avocados, cilantro, more peppers, salsa - whatever you want!
Calories: 646kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 1299mg | Potassium: 1321mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1475IU | Vitamin C: 27.2mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 5.4mg