Chicken with Watermelon Salsa
Marinated grilled chicken gets topped with a fresh watermelon salsa in this wonderful summer dish, Chicken with Watermelon Salsa
Prep Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups watermelon 1/2 inch cubed
- 1 cup mango peeled and 1/2 inch cubed
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper finely chopped, seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Put the first six ingredients in a ziploc bag and squish around to combine. Add the chicken breasts and toss them around to make sure they are even coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Preheat grill to high. Spray grill rack with a little cooking spray or mop with oil (whatever method you use to help foods not stick to your grill). Grill breasts about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked thoroughly.
Combine the watermelon, mango, onion, cilantro, pepper, lime juice, sugar and salt in a bowl. Toss to make sure it is well combined (this can be done a day ahead of time).
Serve chicken topped with salsa.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 578mg | Potassium: 625mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1175IU | Vitamin C: 33.2mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1.5mg