Tuna Quinoa Bowl
This Tuna Quinoa Bowl is filled with bold flavors from tuna, quinoa, beets, beet greens, olives, beans, and hard boiled eggs.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Toasted Quinoa Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
Steamed Beets and Their Greens
- 5 small beets with greens attached
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest finely grated
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Rest of the Bowl Ingredients
- 5 oz oil packed tuna drained
- 14 1/2 oz cannelini beans rinsed and drained
- 4 hard cooked eggs peeled and quartered
- 12 green olives pitted and chopped
- 8 radishes sliced
For the Quinoa
Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the quinoa and cook, stirring until it is toasted and fragrant about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the broth, bring it to a boil, cover, reduce the heat to simmer and cook for about 20 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
For the Beets
Prepare the beets by cutting off the greens and chopping them into bite sized pieces. Peel and trim the beets and then dice them. Bring an inch of water to a boil in a pot and add a steamer basket. Place the beets in the basket, cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add the beet greens on top, cover and steam for 5 more minutes. Put the beets and greens into a bowl and add the orange juice, zest and salt and toss to combine.
Assemble the Salad
Divide the quinoa among four bowls. Arrange the tuna, beets and their greens, and beans in separate and equal sections on each bowl. Top with the eggs and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Garnish with the olives and radishes.
This bowl is perfect for meal prep. Make all the components and then assemble each salad.
Make more of your favorite component - like the beets and use them through the week in other salads.
Calories: 743kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 235mg | Sodium: 829mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 6mg