Greek Orzo Salad
This Greek Orzo Salad has all the Mediterranean flavors you love! Juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, tangy olives and feta cheese in a zippy lemon vinaigrette.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- zest from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano fresh, finely chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 oz orzo dried
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup red onions thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumbers seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
Prepare the vinaigrette in a large bowl by whisking together the zest from one lemon, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
Dice or thinly slice red onion and add to bowl.
Cook orzo according to directions and drain and rinse under cool water.
Seed and thinly slice cucumbers, halve cherry tomatoes and slice kalamata olives.
Add pasta to bowl with vinaigrette and toss to combine.
Add cucumbers, tomatoes and olives to bowl and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve topped with crumbled feta cheese.
Tips - use a microplane to zest the lemon right in the bowl.
- Add cooked shredded chicken.
- Add roasted red peppers.
- Add jarred, marinated artichoke hearts.
- Add canned or cooked tuna or salmon.
- Add canned chickpeas.
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 802mg | Potassium: 579mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 815IU | Vitamin C: 34.7mg | Calcium: 203mg | Iron: 2.6mg