This pasta puttanesca has an easy no cook pasta sauce that you'll make all summer long with fresh tomatoes and all winter long with canned!
- 3 1/2 cups tomatoes coarsely chopped fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley coarsely chopped
- 16 black olives pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers chopped or left whole
- 4 anchovy filets chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1 lb Vermicelli or spahgettini or your favorite thin pasta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated (omit for vegetarian)
In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, parsley, black olives, capers, anchovies, olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to directions.
Drain the pasta and add to the tomato mixture. Toss. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serve with fresh grated Parmesan Cheese.
If you want to mellow the flavor of the garlic and the anchovies, do not toss them with the rest of the ingredients. Add them last to the bowl on top of the tomatoes. Then when you add the hot pasta to the bowl, let it sit for a minute or two to cook the garlic and anchovies a bit before tossing.
Can substitute basil for the parsley.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 493mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1058IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg