Chicken and Chorizo Tacos
Using dry cured Chorizo sausage and finely chopping it in a food processor is a complete game changer in these Chicken and Chorizo Tacos.
- 9 oz air-dried chorizo casings removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 8 small tortillas warmed
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 16 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- chili sauce and lime wedges to serve
Place the chorizo in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken, chorizo, garlic, chile pepper flakes salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the clumps with a wooden spoon, for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in black beans.
Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas. Top with the avocado, sour cream and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and chili sauce.
Calories: 944kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 1762mg | Potassium: 1613mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 6.6mg