Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup
This Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup is so easy! Even the pasta cooks in the slow cooker!
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 14 1/2 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
- 4 ounces uncooked dry gemelli or penne pasta
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley for garnish
Place the garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken, chicken broth, onion, cheese, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Remove the chicken breasts and shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the pasta. Turn the heat to high and cook for 30 more minutes or until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
Serve garnished with some additional Parmesan cheese and fresh basil or parsley.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 978mg | Potassium: 828mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 48.6mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 2.8mg