Corn, Avocado and Black Bean Salad
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups corn from about 3 ears of corn
- 15.5 ounce black beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded serrano chile
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add corn and saute until just starting to brown, about 3 minutes. During the last minute, toss in the serrano chile.
Transfer the corn mixture to a bowl and add the beans, cilantro, lime juice and avocado. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 679mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2.8mg