Lemongrass Pork Skewers with Peas and Rice Noodle Salad
A lemongrass marinade gives these Lemongrass Pork Skewers with Peas and Rice Noodle Salad a delicious twist!
Servings 4 servings
- 2.2 pounds of pork tenderloin cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 pound snow peas trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas trimmed
- peanut oil for brushing
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cups betel leaves I omitted
- 8 ounces of vermicelli rice noodles cooked per directions
- baby lemon balm leaves to server optional
- 2 stalks lemongrass white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 x 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and finely grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 small green chili thinly sliced
Make the marinade by processing the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, honey, fish sauce and oil in a small food processor - and place in a ziploc bag. Add the pork to the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Make the dressing by combing the fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, soy sauce and chili in a small mason jar. Cover with a lid and shake to combine. Set aside.
Thread the pork onto metal skewers. Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush the skewers with oil and grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Place the peas, cucumber and noodles on a serving platter drizzle with the dressing. Top with the pork skewers and lemon balm to serve.
Calories: 745kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 1381mg | Potassium: 1324mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 50.5mg | Calcium: 345mg | Iron: 17.6mg