Roasted Cauliflower, Sage and Almond Risotto
The crispy cauliflower and almonds on top makes this Roasted Cauliflower, Sage and Almond Risotto extra delicious!
- 1 head cauliflower trimmed and chopped (I just used one medium size head)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch of sage leaves picked
- 6 1/2 cups of chicken stock or vegetable stock (vegan)
- 3 tablespoons butter about 3 tablespoons
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 cup Taleggio or other strongly flavored cheese sliced (I omitted)
Preheat oven to 425. Toss cauliflower, oil, salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, add the almonds and half of the sage. Roast for 5-8 more minutes or until golden and crisp. Set aside and keep warm.
Place the chicken stock in a medium saucepan and heat to a simmer. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft (about 5 minutes). Chop the rest of the sage, and add it with the rice and sherry to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sherry is absorbed. Gradually add the stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring, for 25-30 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed and the rice is al dente. Stir through the parmesan cheese and spoon into serving bowls. Top with Taleggio and the cauliflower mixture.
Calories: 760kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 1179mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 334mg | Iron: 4.7mg