Chicken, Sweet Potatoes and Olive Tapenade
This Chicken, Sweet Potatoes and Green Olive tapenade is so easy and delicious!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 whole chicken about 4-5 pounds, spatchcocked (backbone removed and bird flattened)
- 1 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to 450. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, 1 tablespoon of oil, salt and pepper. Brush over the chicken. Place the chicken, breast side up on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
In a medium bowl toss together the sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons of oil and salt and pepper. Remove baking sheet from the oven and spread the potatoes around the chicken. Place back in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is roasting, in a small bowl combine the olives, parsley, tarragon, vinegar, remaining oil and salt and pepper.
Serve the chicken and potatoes with the olive mixture spooned over the top.
Calories: 712kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 737mg | Potassium: 1028mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 25255IU | Vitamin C: 18.5mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 4.2mg