Sticky Five Spice Chicken with Carrot Radish Slaw
This Sticky Five Spice Chicken with Carrot Radish Slaw is so easy and full of flavor!
Servings 4 servings
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five-Spice Powder
- 15 g ginger grated
- 8 chicken thighs boneless, skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 green onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- vegetable oil for brushing
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 2 carrots peeled and thinly sliced with a julienne peeler
- 8 ounces radishes thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- steamed rice to serve
Place the oyster sauce, five-spice powder and ginger in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and toss to coat the chicken. Let marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes. Thread the chicken onto skewers, alternating with green onions. Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Brush the skewers with oil and grill for about 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Place the cilantro, carrots, and radish in a bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar and toss to combine. Serve the skewers with the slaw and the steamed rice.
Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 797mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5930IU | Vitamin C: 14.9mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2.5mg