Mahi Mahi with Coconut-Ginger Rice and Mango Salsa
Mango Salsa and Coconut Ginger Rice add a tropical twist to this fish recipe. The whole family will love it's flavor!
Servings 2 servings
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 mango peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons mint chopped
- 1/2 Fresno or red jalapeno chile seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 6 oz Mahi Mahi filets
In a medium pan, bring the coconut milk, chicken stock, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add the rice, coconut, scallion and 2 tablespoons of the ginger. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Turn off the heat and let it rest covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss the mango, mint, chile, 1 tsp. oil and the remaining 1 tsp. ginger.
In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper and cook about 2-3 minutes per side or until fish is cooked through.
Divide the rice between two plates, top with the fish and the salsa.
- Jasmine rice - can use regular white rice, but jasmine is especially nice.
- Shredded Sweetened Coconut - can use unsweetened.
- Scallion - or green onion, can substitute chives.
- Fresh Ginger - store in the freezer and easy grate it with a microplane.
- Jalapeño Pepper - or a Fresno pepper - can leave the seeds in if you want it hotter.
- Mahi Mahi - can substitute cod.
- Mint - or cilantro or parsley.
Calories: 682kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 680mg | Potassium: 797mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 815IU | Vitamin C: 22.7mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 4.3mg