Spicy Bean and Quinoa Salad with “Mole” Vinaigrette
Bean and quinoa bring plenty of protein to this salad, while the "mole" vinaigrette adds spice!
Servings 6 servings
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked quinoa at room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted pumpkinseed kernels pepitas, toasted
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 Fresno chile or jalapeño pepper very thinly sliced
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl slowly add oil, whisking as you pour.
Combine quinoa and next 6 ingredients (through beans) in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Add spinach; toss to combine.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1004mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1995IU | Vitamin C: 14.3mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 4mg