Chicken Cutlets with Strawberry-Avocado Salsa
These Chicken Cutlets with Strawberry-Avocado Salsa come together in under 30 minutes and are light, healthy and delicious. The whole family will love them!
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper minced seeded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped fresh
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breast cutlets 4-ounce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lime wedges
- 4 cups romaine or green lettuce leaves for serving
Combine the strawberries, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and set aside.
Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Season both sides of chicken cutlets with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes without disturbing.
Turn chicken cutlets over and cook for 3 more minutes - optional to cover with a lid.
Divide lettuce leaves among the plates (about 4 per plate). Divide the chicken amongst the plates and then top with salsa. Garnish with a lime wedge.
It's optional to cover the chicken during the last 3 minutes of cooking - I think it keeps it more moist.
If you like spicy foods, leave in the jalapeño seeds.
See my post for instructions on making this into a salad.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 501mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4265IU | Vitamin C: 65.3mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1.4mg