This Cherry Clafoutis is so easy and so delicious! For an adult treat the dried fruits are soaked in your favorite alcohol.
- 2 cups dried cherries or fresh cherries diced
- 1/2 cup cherry brandy if using dried fruit
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter softened, plus more for greasing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 vanilla bean scrape seeds from bean or 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- confectioner’s sugar for garnish
Soak the dried fruit in the spirit or liqueur for 30 minutes, or dice the fresh fruit.
Preheat oven to 350.
Butter your baking dishes. Can use one big one or various small sizes (you will have a total volume of about 3 cups).
In a food processor or bowl, process or whisk the eggs, milk, butter, sugar, flour, vanilla seeds, and salt into a smooth batter.
Pour the batter into the baking dishes and arrange the fruit top (without the soaking liquid).
Bake the clafouti for about 25 minutes or until set.
Let it cool and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
(If you are making the recipe for children, replace the alcohol with orange juice.)
Other ideas for this clafoutis:
- Use other fruits.
- Apples, pears, berries, plums, peaches all work.
- If using dried fruit, soak in a complimentary liqueur, juice or water for 30 minutes.
- Some ideas: prunes in rum, pears in brandy, berries in fruit liqueur like Chambord.
Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 1435IU | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1.3mg