Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake with Limoncello Glaze #BundtBakers
This light lemony cake makes the perfect desssert!
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest finely grated
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup plain Greek style yogurt
- 1¾ cups caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves I omitted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon limoncello or lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon boiling water
Preheat oven to 325.
In a large bowl whisk to combine the vegetable oil, eggs, lemon rind, lemon juice, yogurt and sugar. Sift the flower over it and stir to combine. Pour into a well-greased bundt pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before carefully turning it out onto a cake plate. Allow to cool before glazing.
Make the icing by combining the confectioners sugar, water and limoncello. Spoon the glaze over the top.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 80mg | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 0.6mg