Greek Village Salad
This classic salad from Greece is perfect for summer tomatoes and cucumbers, but good year round too!
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thick strips or chunks
- 1 cucumber cut into thick half rounds
- 1 red onion cut into thin half round slices
- 3 tomatoes cut into ½ inch wedges or chunks
- 20 kalamata olives cut in half or left whole
- 4 ounces feta cheese coarsely crumbled
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh, or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add the thinly sliced red onions and let them pickle a bit, while you prepare the rest of the veggies.
Add the rest of the vegetables and the cheese to the bowl. Toss to combine and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Top with the crumbled dried oregano for serving.
Can sub red wine vinegar for the lemon juice.
Can leave out lemon juice and/or vinegar and just serve dressed in olive oil.
You want a good fruity olive oil for this.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 766IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 1mg