Honey-Lavender Biscotti

Biscotti

Whenever I want to make a classic dish and I want to know all the ins-and-outs all the dos-and-don’ts, I turn to The New Best Recipe: All-New Edition except that I don’t have the all new addition, I have the still-perfectly-good old addition.

I liked this book so much that I also acquired their The Best Recipe: Grilling and Barbecue and their Italian Classics (Best Recipe). Since the only baking that I feel fairly confident in is biscotti (don’t have to worry about light, fluffy, or moist), I turned to the Italian book. There I found Honey-Lavender Biscotti.

Let me just say, this was possibly the best biscotti that I have ever made. I loved it! Biscotti dough is a strange thing, some recipes are so dry that you have to press everything together and pray that it doesn’t crumble right before your eyes. But this dough, was wet, very wet. I sort of scooped it out and with heavily floured hands, patted it into shape. It came out perfectly, not too dry, with a wonderful texture.

I found the recipe online also at What’s Cooking America. The only thing is in the directions where you are about to divide it into loaves, it tells you to divide it into 6 pieces, but then describes your 2 logs! The original recipe only has you divide it in half and make two logs. So, ignore the 6!

This will be my entry for this week’s Weekend Herb Blogging hosted by Susan from The Well-Seasoned Cook.

Comments

Such a nice surprise this morning when I saw that picture come up on my screen!! The picture loaded and I gasped just as my boss was walking into the office. Of course he wondered if I gasped because of him. ha! ha! Lovely tea cup and saucer. (and I’m sure the biscotti is delicious!)

I love the honey and lavender combination, isn’t it wonderful? I made a honey-lavender gelato awhile back. Great pick and pretty pic!

A charming picture- looking not only feminine but tempting you to sit down and enjoy. Good to hear you loved the taste too.

Oh my gosh, what an artistic photo! This looks like it would be right at home at an elegant victorian bed and breakfast! And your china is so beautiful! I’ll take a slice or two of biscotti in a lovely china cup any day! :-)

What a lovely cookie! The flavors in it sound so warm and gentle. I am looking for some biscotti to make to give to friends and family for the holidays (they seem like a very good gift-giving cookie). I will have to test these out. And by test I mean make a large batch and devour.

I’ve never had any luck w/ biscotti b/c of its texture. This recipe, especially with that lovely lavender, makes me want to try again.

Thanks, Pam, for a great find for WHB!

I’m finally going to make biscotti this year……before Dec 31st !
    It was a New years resolution for me, and I”m running out of time !
    Love the tea cup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Anonymous says

this looks wonderful! i have a question though, how do you make the dough rise when you add honey? mine refused to rise :(