Tim G's margarita for National Margarita Day.
Tim G's Margarita
When Heather from girlichef announced that today February 22 was National Margarita Day and asked if anyone wanted to help her celebrate, I am sure I was first in line. If not first, at least in the top ten. If there is one day that I am all about celebrating it would be National Margarita Day! At the end of the post are links to all the other participating bloggers – there are apparently quite a few of us who feel compelled to celebrate this monumental day.
It is a rare weekend that goes by in the Sidewalk Shoes household that does not include a margarita.
It is such our drink of choice that Mr. Sidewalk Shoes has become somewhat of a connoisseur. A margarita chemist. He works his magic with a combination of homemade and store bought ingredients.
His latest work of art includes no less than 7 ingredients. Yes, you can make a mighty fine margarita with less than that, but you can make a mighty, mighty fine one with a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Without further ado:
Happy National Margarita Day!!!
- 1/2 ounce Tequila Reposado
- 1/4 ounce Tequila Anejo
- 1/4 ounce Jalapeno Infused Tequila
- 1/4 ounce orange liqueur Homemade
- 1/4 ounce limoncello Homemade
- 1/2 ounce agave simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice.
- Add ingredients and shake for approximately 15-20 seconds and pour into a salt-rimmed glass. Add a slice of lime for garnish.
P.S. If you came here looking for your Saturday dose of kitty cats, they will be back next week. They completely understood that National Margarita Day needed to be celebrated.