This Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake with Limoncello Glaze is moist and delicious and a grown-up treat with the limoncello in the glaze!
Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake with Limoncello Glaze
You're probably checking the title of the blog and shaking your head in disbelief. Yes, you are at Sidewalk Shoes, and yes, there two baked goods in one week. I don't believe I've had two in one year before! But this is a new me, soon to probably be a larger me, but still it's a new me. Guess what, it isn't nearly as scary as I imagined it to be. Oh, there was the jigsaw-puzzle Cookies and Cream Blondies mishap. That mishap ended up being not so bad at all, what with the huge chunks of blondies that we were allowed to eat.
Without further ado, I am proud to display my first ever bundt cake! But not to be my last, since I joined a group of fellow bloggers who bake a bundt cake once a month. Meaning that I HAVE TO bake a bundt cake once a month. Just like I created the "I have to make a cocktail once a week - job." Next up I expect to create New Shoe Saturday where .... well, you get the drift.
Back to my bundt cake. My bundt cake - I can't stop saying those words. Yes, there were lessons learned along the way - for instance did you know that glaze hardens and if you drizzle way too slowly, agonizingly slowly, that you get ugly little transparent layers instead of nice glossy drips? Lesson learned. And did you know that even though your recipe tells you to pour it on a not yet cooled bundt cake and it all melts off or soaks in or something and you go out and google how to ice a bundt cake, you find that your supposed to let it cool? Lesson learned.
Doesn't matter. This was moist and lemony and delicious! I found it online, of course, it's Donna Hay, Lemon Yoghurt Bundt Cake with Lemon Icing. The theme this month was using Girl Scout Cookies as an inspiration, and while I desperately wanted something thin minty, I thought I should keep it easy and be inspired from the Lemonades cookie. Though, I changed the lemon icing to a limoncello icing - probably not a very girl scoutish thing to do. Though I was a girl scout, so it's okay.
Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake with Limoncello Glaze #BundtBakers
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest finely grated
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup plain Greek style yogurt
- 1¾ cups caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves I omitted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon limoncello or lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon boiling water
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl whisk to combine the vegetable oil, eggs, lemon rind, lemon juice, yogurt and sugar. Sift the flower over it and stir to combine. Pour into a well-greased bundt pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before carefully turning it out onto a cake plate. Allow to cool before glazing.
- Make the icing by combining the confectioners sugar, water and limoncello. Spoon the glaze over the top.