Pimento Cheese Burger

Pimento Cheese Burger

When I was in college, I worked as a waitress in a fancy sandwich shop, in a fancy mall (think Saks and Nieman Marcus), in St. Louis. I don’t remember much about it, except that wealthy people don’t tip very well and I got to eat huge cheddar cheese burgers on my break. The cheddar cheese was more like a spread and it was scooped out with a smallish sized ice cream scoop. So, you had this big round ball of cheddar cheese that got all melty as you smooshed it down.

It was amazing and wonderful. I’ve spent many an hour fondly remembering those burgers. I’m happy to say that I can toss those memories aside and replace them with this. This burger. It is the burger of my youth only better, much better. OMG. Why have I never made pimento cheese before? Why? This is now my cheeseburger. My cheeseburger forever and ever.

I changed the recipe a bit based on what I had on hand. I didn’t have any sour cream, so I substituted a little heavy cream. I also didn’t have a 2 oz jar of pimentos, so I used one roasted red bell pepper.

Pimento Cheese Burger
Adapted from
Cuisine at Home Weeknight Grilling

Pimento Cheese
1 cup sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 oz. cream cheese
Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
1 jar sliced pimentos, drained (2 oz)

Burgers
2 lbs ground beef
salt and pepper

Buns, lettuce, tomatoes for serving

Preheat grill to medium high.

In a food processor, combine the cheese, mayo, cream cheese and seasonings, and process until smooth. Add the pimentos and pulse to combine.

Shape the ground beef into 4 patties and season with salt and pepper.

Grill burgers on an oiled grate for 4 minutes, then flip them over and cook for 2 more minutes. Top with about 1/4 cup of the pimento cheese and grill for 2 more minutes.

Serve on a bun with lettuce and tomatoes.

Comments

I love going to Plaza Frontenac! lol Williams-Sonoma, Sur la Table, and Pottery Barn are my favorite stores to shop. I’m headed up there in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait. That burger looks and sounds amazing. I’ll have to give it a try. Blessings, SusanD

We will definitely be trying this one. I was watching the food network last night and on the hamburger contest someone made a pimento cheese burger. Hope you have started your summer!

How interesting! I ordered a grilled pimento cheese sandwich Saturday for lunch, the first I’ve had in years. I’ve recently seen pimento cheese melted over a scone on a menu and now the burger. PC must be making a comeback.

I really need to stop looking at Tastespotting when I’m starving. I want that burger right now, this very minute!

Mmmmm … pimento cheese! Looks absolutely delish on that amazing burger! That photo is terrific! I like how you used roasted red pepper for the pimentos; how/when does the sour cream (subbed with heavy cream) get used in this recipe? How much sour cream is needed? I love pimento cheese, and want to make this just so I can use a small scoop to lob in onto my burger! Uh, make that a big scoop! YUM!

Thank goodness you told us that you substituted bell pepper!
    We can’t get pimentos in a jar here – and I think that that should be a crime.
    Now that I know, my macaroni salad can again be what it used to be!

But this burger? Oh MY!!
    *drooling*
    I want one for breakfast… right NOW!

I don’t care that there are probably a hundred million calories in this burger — the photo is completely seductive and I’m licking my lips just thinking about making one of these this coming weekend!

Oh that looks just yummy. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t a vegetarian. I could totally go for this. I’ll have to make the veggie version. *sigh*

I planted a couple pimento plants this year with the whole intention of having fun with them. Going to have to remember this.

It is funny that you mention the whole rich people do not tip part because it is so true. I never understood this either but I guess most of them are rich because they are selfish.

Nicely done!

I had a job in high school at a not-so-high-class mall store (Express) and I hated it. No one was allowed to tip us, but the customers certainly didn’t treat us very well either. I can certainly see how this burger would be the perfect comfort food after such a long, hard day at work.

i’m really not crazy about pimento cheese, but that’s no excuse for not enjoying it in a burger. man, what i wouldn’t give to be your neighbor and just SMELL the good stuff you cook. :)

12. Pam says

Susan – I couldn’t remember the name of it!!

Terri – I am completely enjoying my summer, how about you?

Judi – well, it’s about time!

Pam – thank you.

Natashya – sorry, all gone!

Noble – It’s hard to take your eyes off it, isn’t it?

Mags – I think I want another too!

Pearl – it was the best burger I’ve ever had!

Marjie – thanks!

Paula – that’s a typo! I subbed cream for the cream cheese!

Memoria – you shouldn’t be looking at food pictures when you are hungry!

Tater – plus they don’t cost as much as the pimentos!

Barbara – the recipe is great, I had no idea it was so easy to make pimento cheese.

DP – I really could have this burger once a week!

Lover – let me know if you like it!

Girli – thank you!

Katherine – I just stuffed it in my mouth, in a very unladylike manner.

Lydia – I try not to think about the calories!

Carolina – a black bean version would be yummy!

Just look at all of that ooey gooey cheesy goodness! It might be a bit messy to eat but it looks like it would certainly be worth it!

Hey those pimento cheese burger look yummi, I love eating breakfast and always try new fast food recipes. I would love to try the cheese burger for breakfast. that looks tasty. cheese burger is also a snacks food option and can make a satisfying breakfast. The Photos are amazing… I am already feeling hungry. thank you for shearing your post.