Raise your hand if you have zucchini coming out your ears. Yeah, that’s what I thought. I, for one, can not keep up with the zucchini and yellow squash that my CSA keeps giving me every week. I’ve frozen them, I’ve pickled them, I’ve served them on the side, I’ve served them as the main dish. I spend countless hours googling zucchini recipes. In the midst of my countless hours I found, Spaghetti with Zucchini, Walnuts, and Raisins from Real Simple.
Truth be told, I went to Real Simple first. Because school is back in session (and for those of you wondering, my prayers have been answered. I prayed every night that one particular student move away. And he did!!! He is only one school over, I would have preferred another country or possibly Alaska, but I will take this. Even though it is a little too close for me to totally relax.) So, anyway, I’m all about Real Simple because I am already Real Stressed.
This recipe helped me become less stressed. One…it used up some zucchini, two….it was easy, three…it was healthy! It’s a win-win-win recipe. Good tasting too!
Spaghetti with Zucchini, Walnuts, and Raisins
- 12 ounces spaghetti (3⁄4 box)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini (4 to 5), cut into thin half-moons
- 3/4 cup raisins
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini and raisins to the skillet, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until the zucchini is just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini mixture to the pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.