Hydrangeas are Poisonous to Cats
A couple of years ago I made one New Year's Resolution. That resolution was to always have fresh flowers on my dining room table. That was probably the only year that I've actually kept a resolution for the whole year.
I went back to my old boring resolutions ... you know ... eating healthy, exercising ... blah, blah, blah. However, I do keep the whole flower thing in the back of my mind. Seeing fresh flowers on the table makes me happy. It also makes the kitty cats happy.
They like to come up and smell the flowers. My cats are very good about not eating or bothering the flowers, however, after I bought these, I learned that hydrangeas are poisonous to cats! It contains cyanogenic glycoside, which is poisonous to cats. They aren't as deadly as lilies, but they can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
So after these photos were taken, they hydrangeas were moved to a location where the kitties couldn't get them. I always recommend that before bringing any flowers or plants into your home, to do the research and see if they might harm your kitties.
For her artsy photo, I used the Topaz Labs Plugin.