Once you make this Orange Chile Oil, you will find a million ways to use it. Like this super easy and amazingly delicious Roasted Salmon with Green Beans. Post may contain affiliate links.
Orange Chile Oil Roasted Salmon with Green Beans
When my CSA gets going full speed, sometimes I don’t have time to find just the right recipe for all the veggies. I have both crisper drawers full and two shelves! I know perhaps since it is just the two of us that I could get a half share, but I have never been one to do things halfway. So, sometimes it’s more of a chore than a pleasure. But I just found a way to make it all pleasurable. I have two words for you – infused oils and roasting. Okay, that’s three words, but two things, let’s not get nit-picky.
What I did was make an orange chile infused oil, the quick way, with a food processor. Then I just used it to toss some green beans in, and drizzled it over some salmon, and roasted away. Ah-may-zing! Served with some fresh summer tomatoes (check out that color!). The best part of this is that you have plenty of oil to use again. I store mine in the fridge and will probably have it used up in a couple of weeks.
Orange Chile Oil | Roasted Salmon and Green Beans
- 1 cup neutral oil or you can use extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oranges zested
- 1 or 2 red chile peppers I used ripe jalapenos
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 pound green beans
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a small food processor, pulse the oil, orange zest, and peppers until well blended. Let sit for about 4 hours (if you can) before pouring through a fine strainer into a glass jar with a lid. Store in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place green beans in a bowl and toss with about 2 tablespoons of the oil, add salt and pepper. Spread out on one of the baking sheets. Place salmon filets on other sheet, skin side down. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 12 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and green beans are tender.
- Serve salmon on a bed of green beans.