This shrimp and noodle salad is light, easy and delicious!
When you are a family of two and you sign up for a full box from your CSA, you have a lot of vegetables to eat in one week! I have all of my cookbooks (all 300+ of them) and my magazines that I subscribe to on Eat Your Books. During CSA season, I try typing in two or sometimes three ingredients to see how many veggies can I use up in one recipe. This time I was trying to use up some Napa Cabbage and Snow Peas, which I knew would go together. I knew that I could use the napa cabbage in Pork with Napa Cabbage and Chiles, Salmon with Braised Napa Cabbage, or Thai Pickled Cabbage. I also had some already favorite ways to use snow peas: Chile Chicken with Snow Peas Salad and Ginger Beef Patties with Lime Noodles Salad.
But I was looking for a way to use up the two together and I found the perfect way in this Shrimp and Noodle Salad with Asian Vinaigrette Dressing from Cooking Light. This was so good! We had leftovers the next day for lunch and because the cabbage doesn’t get as soggy as lettuce would, it was still good.
Shrimp and Noodle Salad with Asian Vinaigrette Dressing
Asian Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 ounces dried rice noodles
- 4 cups napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound large shrimp cooked
- 1 cup snow peas trimmed and cut diagonally in half
- 3 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, fresh
- Cook the noodles per package directions. If you are using uncooked shrimp, you can add it to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- While the noodles are cooking, combine the dressing ingredients in a lidded mason jar and shake to emulsify.
- Place the noodles, shrimp, napa cabbage, snow peas and bean sprouts in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss to combine. Serve with thinly sliced green onions and cilantro if desired.
Linky Party @ Lou Lou Girls Treasure Box Tuesday @ Yesterfood The Hearth and Soul Hop @ The 21st Century Housewife Delicious Dish Tuesday @ Full Time Mama Try a Bite Tuesday @ Caleigh’s Kitchen Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims Whatever Goes wednesdays @ Someday Crafts Wonderful Wednesdays @ Ducs n’ a Row
The Wednesday Roundup @ Foody Schmoody Blog