These Instant Pot Strawberry Steel Cut Oats are so delicious and so easy to make with the pressure cooker!
The perfect healthy breakfast that is creamy and little sweet and bursting with strawberries!
We are big on healthy breakfasts at the Sidewalk Shoes household. Most important meal of the day and all that.
However, we are also pretty big on eggs, bacon, pancakes, French toast, and grits - which we save for when we eat out.
You should have seen the plate of Heuvos Rancheros I had for brunch last Sunday! It was the stuff breakfast dreams are made of.
For our every day, day in, day out breakfast, it almost always includes oats. We either have homemade granola (which I've been making for over 20 years and really need to take photos of and post the recipe,) or oatmeal, or steel cuts oats.
While I don't mind standing over a stove watching oatmeal cook, the Instant Pot makes it so easy.
Just load up the pressure cooker and sit down, have a cup of coffee and watch the birdies outside at the feeder, while the Instant Pot does all the work!
- Gather all your ingredients - steel cut oats, diced strawberries, maple syrup, salt and water.
- Add the steel cut oats, strawberries, water, maple syrup and salt to the Instant Pot.
- Stir everything to combine.
- Lock the lid on the Instant pot and set the valve to sealing. Make sure the pressure is set to high and use the manual button to set the time for 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally (don't do anything) for 10 minutes.
- Then push the sealing valve to venting. When the pressure valve drops, unlock and remove the lid.
- Give everything a stir, there will still be some liquid on the top, but it will thicken up as you stir.
- Stir in milk.
Breakfast Meal Prep
I actually made this on a Sunday so that we could have it for breakfast on Monday and Tuesday. My husband goes to the gym on Tuesdays and he likes taking breakfast with him.
To serve later, just store in airtight containers and then microwave for about a minute or two to take the chill off. I also topped it with extra diced strawberries before sealing the container.
Since the milk was already stirred into the oats at the end of cooking, you don't need any additional milk.
These strawberry steel cut oats were everything I imagined they would be. Creamy and delicious, strawberry flavor in every bite and a hint of sweetness from the maple syrup.
They are hearty and filling, the perfect way to start your day!
More instant pot breakfast recipes:
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Strawberry Steel Cut Oats
- Place the water, strawberries, steel cut oats, maple syrup and salt in the Instant Pot.
- Lock on the lid and set the venting valve to sealing. Set pressure to high and using the manual setting, set the time for 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then move the venting valve to open. When all of the pressure has released and the pressure valve has dropped, open the Instant pot.
- Stir the steel cut oats. Add the milk and stir again.
- Serve garnished with extra strawberries.