This Miso Chicken with Sweet Potato Noodles proves once again that healthy can be so delicious!! Spiralized Sweet Potatoes are so easy and make a healthy replacement for pasta!
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure on side bar.
Easy Spiralized Sweet Potatoes
Do you have a spiralizer? I have to admit, I was late to the party. I made this Vietnamese Zoodle Salad and it was so good I decided to try spiralized sweet potatoes. Sweet potato noodles. Swoodles? Spoodles?
Whatever you call them, they were wonderful!! This whole Miso Chicken with Sweet Potato Noodles was so wonderful that after having leftovers for dinner last night, Mr. Sidewalk Shoes insisted that I put this in regular rotation.
If you're looking for more spiralized recipes, these two books are my favorites: Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Meals and Inspiralized and Beyond: Spiralize, Chop, Rice, and Mash Your Vegetables into Creative, Craveable Meals.
Easy Miso Chicken!
This recipe is so simple. You marinate boneless skinless chicken thighs in a miso marinade. While you marinate the chicken you make a miso coconut dressing. It called for coconut cream, I just scooped some off the top of a can of coconut milk and then used the rest of the coconut milk in a smoothie. You broil the chicken (though you could also grill it.)
Miso Chicken with Spiralized Sweet Potato Noodles
Then the sweet potato noodles are tossed with some olive oil and roasted for only 4-5 minutes. They come out softened, but still with a bit of bite to them. Like al dente pasta. They were amazing!
The sweet potato noodles will definitely be my take away from this recipe. Though, if Mr. Sidewalk Shoes has his way, we will definitely be having this Miso Chicken with Sweet Potato Noodles again! I found this recipe in a Donna Hay Fresh & Light Magazine.
Looking for more healthy chicken recipes:
This one pan Braised Chicken Thighs with Grapes and Wild Rice is loved by kids and adults!
This rustic Braised Chicken with Olives, Capers and Prunes is a riff on a classic, you'll make it over and over again!
This Curried Chicken Salad makes a great lunch or a light dinner!
Miso Chicken with Sweet Potato Noodles
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and spiralized
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups edamame frozen, thawed
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup cashews toasted, chopped
- lime wedges to serve
- Preheat broiler to high. Combine the miso, honey, garlic and half the oil in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Combine the coconut miso dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine (or combine in a small bowl and whisk.)
- Line an oven tray with foil. Place the chicken on it and broil for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Turn oven to 350. Divide the sweet potatoes between two trays and toss with the remaining olive oil. Roast for 4-5 minutes or until just softened. Place the sweet potatoes, onions and edamame in a large bowl and toss to combine. Slice the chicken. Divide the sweet potato mixture between 4 plates and top with the basil, cilantro, cashews, and miso dressing. Serve with lime wedges.
Don't forget you can sign up to receive an email when a new post goes live! The best part is you can check to receive all updates or just your favorite parts of the blog! Maybe you only like recipes or just want to see my adorable cats, I've got you covered!